Thursday, July 30, 2020

"Exhibit Alexandra"

Exhibit Alexandra
"Exhibit Alexandra"
Written by Natasha Bell
Reviewed by Diana Iozzia 

Exhibit Alexandra

Let's begin. My first impression in the first few chapters of this novel was that I had begun a visceral, wild ride of a novel, one from which I could trust not a single character. Alexandra, the narrator, explains that she has been taken, and she knows how her husband would react to every moment following. Her character tells the story in first person omniscient, which is a style I have not read in some time. She tells his perspective based on what she thinks he would be doing and what he has done. Additionally, we are introduced to letters from Am to Al, which appear to be Alexandra's ex-roommate attempting to contact her.

There are various plot twists in this story, so I will keep the review brief to prevent any readers to spoil themselves. We find out the truth behind the kidnapping, we find out who is involved, and why.

Personally, the turns that Bell developed were surprising to me, but I also was not thoroughly impressed. In the vein of many similar thrillers like

I rated this novel at 4 out of 5 stars.

Thank you to Crown Publishing for sending along a finished copy to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The Sunlight Pilgrims"

 The Sunlight Pilgrims Written by Jenni Fagan Reviewed by Diana Iozzia The Sunlight Pilgrims creates an eerie and uncomfortable year 2020 ...