Saturday, April 22, 2017

"No One Here Belongs More Than You"

“No One Belongs Here More Than You” by Miranda July
Review Written by Diana Iozzia

No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July

            “No One Belongs Here More Than You” was a different reading experience than I usually have when I read a book of short stories. This book is full of little stories about love, sex, and other dramatic life experiences.
            The stories are very unique, about topics I have heard about but I have never read about before. One is about a peep show worker who is in love with her ex-roommate. I think that it’s important to recognize that feminists could really enjoy this book, because it’s about love and sexual freedom. I think that Ms. July tried very hard to create short stories that other people would read, and truly, they are creative. However, I think that they are just too much for me. I found myself struggling to read through the stories, because they weren’t intriguing.
            I thought that the fact that every one of the stories was first person was interesting, but it made it a bit difficult to decipher between the characters. I can guarantee you can name one of the characters that existed in the story, but I wouldn’t be able to remember which story they exist in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"The Sunlight Pilgrims"

 The Sunlight Pilgrims Written by Jenni Fagan Reviewed by Diana Iozzia The Sunlight Pilgrims creates an eerie and uncomfortable year 2020 ...