Sunday, November 5, 2017

"Behind You"

"Behind You"
Written by Brian Coldrick
Review written by Diana Iozzia

Behind You by Brian Coldrick
"Behind You" is labelled as a collection of one-shot horror stories. The book has an introduction by Joe Hill, Stephen King's son, who also has been making strides as a horror writer. 

The one-shot horror stories are depicted as one illustration on each page, but a one sentence description of the illustration. All follow the pattern of there is something lurking in the shadows, at the bottom of the stairs, and just a foot behind someone. This book is eerie and strange, and it was great fun to look through. It only took me about 30 - 40 minutes to look through, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Brian Coldrick is very creative, preying upon the common fears we have as human. 

I can't say I had nightmares after this, or felt myself needing to turn on a night light, but this was worth the read. I've always loved horror illustrations and these are interesting! 

I'm glad I received this complementary copy via the publisher around Halloween. Perfect timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The Sunlight Pilgrims"

 The Sunlight Pilgrims Written by Jenni Fagan Reviewed by Diana Iozzia The Sunlight Pilgrims creates an eerie and uncomfortable year 2020 ...