Friday, August 25, 2017

"The Teacher"

"The Teacher" by Katerina Diamond
Review written by Diana Iozzia

The Teacher by Katerina Diamond
This was an interesting mystery novel told in many different perspectives, and all combine into one cohesive story line in the end. I thoroughly enjoyed the two main detectives in this story, DS Imogen Grey and DSI Adrian Miles. I enjoyed the side characters as well.

However, this book did not reach the expectations I had for it. I usually choose mystery / horror / crime novels based on the murder, the detectives, or the victims. I was very interested on the premise, but this too soon became a procedural, boring, just like any other mystery novel. It was very obvious from about the second chapter who was the killer behind all of the crimes, and how he was going to continue onwards.

This is well written, but it's just too predictable for my taste. I'll be passing this on to a friend who enjoys mystery / crime novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The Sunlight Pilgrims"

 The Sunlight Pilgrims Written by Jenni Fagan Reviewed by Diana Iozzia The Sunlight Pilgrims creates an eerie and uncomfortable year 2020 ...