Monday, March 29, 2021

On Returning to Book Blogging

 On Returning to Book Blogging and a Review of "Best Kept Secret"


    It has been many months since I have sat at a keyboard or glanced at Instagram, but I feel that my personal life incredibly influenced the separation. In wishing my life to improve, I found myself lose my interest in reading, especially in telling the world what I thought about the books I barely could pick up. Turning pages felt like pushing a boulder up a mountain, especially when my thoughts could not focus on the words on the pages in the first place.

    I do not know if I will be back for long. There is a strong possibility that I will disappear into the abyss once more, even possibly next week. However, for now, it feels incredible to focus on something other than crying along to "Coney Island" by Taylor Swift and blindly driving to work in the morning. I cannot be doing those two things anymore. Wish me luck.

    Lately, I have enjoyed reading:

"The Flipside" by James Bailey

"We Are Inevitable" by Gayle Forman

"Half a World Away" by Mike Gaile


    I also have been writing a story myself. Might it turn into a full-fledged book? I'm unsure, but I have been absorbed by it. I have been jotting down haphazard notes and spending far too much on used books about mortality, mortician work, and the good death. Is that a hint what I could be writing about? Duh.

    See you soon, if anyone reads this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"The Sunlight Pilgrims"

 The Sunlight Pilgrims Written by Jenni Fagan Reviewed by Diana Iozzia The Sunlight Pilgrims creates an eerie and uncomfortable year 2020 ...